Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Knights of Columbus Holiday Run

Last week I ran my last race in my 30’s.   A five mile holiday run right here in my neighborhood!  This meant two things, dressing up and seeing my boys during the race. 
I found some red Christmas ribbon in the bins I had dragged from the crawl space and tied them to my braids. 
The race had a great turn out and really got me into the holiday spirit. It ended up being a beautiful day crisp but sunny perfect for a race.  We started out speedy on my familiar route.


I once again enjoyed the stopped traffic and running in the middle of the street.  I felt fast and was having a great time.  Something about those ribbons that made me think people were underestimating me.  I still wondered if I could possibly run faster than I had the week before at the Turkey Trot. 
It was great to know the route the miles flew by.  Mile 4 was at the bottom of my street. 

Check out that hill on my street!
My five fans were there! 

Pete and my parents snapped some shots
 and the boys brought me something to drink.  I had a final kick in me but also knew the last half mile hill was crazy (and also where I threw up last year)
I finished strong…
with a new PR!
5 miles- 40:12

No comments:

Post a Comment